From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 02:48:56 -0000
My niece from DC just sent me a shocking ferret article from Atlanta (I have
no idea where a 12 year old gets an out of town paper).  PawPaw?  Anyone
else from Atlanta?  Where did this story come from?

The Atlanta Journal/The Atlanta Constitution
October 7, 1996.  Local News Section.  'Kids Ask' page, by Holly Morris.
Martin Burkholder, 13, from Smyrna asked this question:
'Please tell me about ferrets and other exotic pets.'

And this, ferret lovers, is the ferret part of the response the boy got:

'Ferrets
*They bite.*  Recently, a ferret belonging to a Powder Springs family
attacked the baby daughter in her crib.  The ferret squeezed under a door
to the baby's room and bit her so badly she had to have plastic surgery.'

Where did this story come from?  Does anyone know anything about this?  Is
anyone in Atlanta writing to the paper to protest?  Or is it true?  It would
be terribly upsetting to have a legitimate case of baby biting on the record
out there.

[Moderator's note: Since this is just a excerpt of the story I'm considering
it "fair use" and posting it, even though it's copyrighted.  BIG]