From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:55:31 -0500
As you folks know, when I spoke with Dr. Satalowich in November of 1997 he
told me that Missouri was following the Compendium -- no problems included.
Well, it turns out that what was happening was that his office was
recommending that to locals but locals have autonomy and he retired this
year so things are even more nebulous.  Troy Lynn and some other wonderful
people found this out this last week when there was an incident in which a
very ill ferret nipped a vet tech during a procedure.  (The ferret later
died of it's intestinal illness and the head was removed to test for
safety's sake since it didn't last long enough to know if it was clean.)
If the people in Missouri want to improve conditions they've got a real
home-grown disaster there which needs addressing; you folks need
legislation.

When trying to shut down an abusive situation don't forget to work with
your local major humane groups such as AHS, AHA, or ASPCA.  That approach
can result in the ferret being saved while the abusers have charges brought
against them and the animals removed.

Christmas card by Steve with ferret-approved music at
http://www.skunk.research.att.com/yule.html

Sukie

Shame on people who believe in causing dissention in the country while
there are men and women out serving on the front instead of waiting a few
days -- just so the politicians can get home early for their own holidays,
and shame on people like the new Speaker of the House (Livingston) who
announce that their own infidelities are a "minor personal matter" but
other politicians' affairs are major violations if they are in a different
party.  What's good for the goose is good for the gander as our
grandparents used to always say, so anyone who thinks Clinton should be out
but does the same blasted thing would resign if he or she had a shred of
honor or logic.  I wonder if what we've got in Washington right now is a
government or a soap opera?  When will all the melodrama end and actual
business start?  Right now I am frustrated and disgusted by the entire
circus on both sides.  Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!  Now I'll shut up;
just needed SO BADLY to get that out once and I figured others do sig
lines...