From:
The Spectacle via Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 19:37:16 -0800
Greetings, my fine ferret-loving friends!  I have sent that pesky...um...
I mean wise and wonderful Oracle off in search of the Legendary Great
Hairball, so I should be able to speak freely and without interruption.

The Great Event I have been trying to tell you about is almost upon us!
This prodigious event has been a year in the making and promises to be
filled with fun and excitement and cards!  Yes!  Cards!  Birthday Cards to
be exact!  As you read about this special day, be plotting, be planning,
my ferret friends!  Be sharpening those keyboards and searching those
e-card sites to find the oh-so-perfect card!  (One with a picture of
Depends would work!)

Tomorrow, on Feb 27th, the portentous event will take place!  On that
day, we must all stand in unison and sing off-key as loud as we can:
Happy Birthday, Wolfy!!!!

 ...a blue mist appears and the handsomely clad man bows and fades out
of sight.  His tale told.  His job done.  But a lingering whisper in the
night leaves us knowing the next time he is needed....

The Spectacle will return!