From:
Bryon Carmoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 18:10:36 EST
hello everyone,

I don't normally post here I just sit and read.  But I need to talk to
someone.

One of my boys, Weezer, is almost 9 years old and has a tumor on his
liver.  He most likely will not survive an operation and I don't want him
to be in pain anymore.  Until Saturday of last week he played and ran
around and bounced like nothing was wrong, even though I knew there was
something wrong.  Now he is having problems walking and needs to stop to
rest after a few steps.  he does not seem to be in pain, as far as I can
tell.  But I don't want him to die.....

I know the right thing to do is to put him down, but what if something can
be done about the tumor and he survives the surgery?  I don't think I can
handle the guilt!!!!  Is it wrong to take the 'easy way out'?

I know this will stir up all kinds of trouble for this list but I just
need to talk about it.  Sorry to have offended anyone and please don't
razz me or this list for my inability to make this decision.  After all
one day you may need to make the same one about one of your fuzzies.

My Tommy died 10-15-2000 of a similar problem and I was not home.  I feel
bad enough about that one.  After all he followed me everywhere I went.
He even came when I called him no matter what I was or he was doing.  He
was my best friend.

Bryon