Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:51:19 -0400
Ever since I moved into a real house, that has a ferret room ... my
ferrets do put themselves to bed. They did not do this when we shared
an apartment and they did not have a free roam room. Not even when
they were out for half of the day! So it's interesting that we through
all of this trouble to have a ferret room ... and now that we do, our
ferrets go back to their cages! And I mean a lot. Not just at night.
For naps. It slays me when I walk in to see the cage doors open and the
familiar bumps in the blankets inside. I stand there looking all around
the room at next boxes, tubes, blankets, buckets of toys, rice boxes,
etc... all empty. What in the world!

I have a question though. Maybe an explanation?? Do you all think it's
because they like high places? My ferrets always sleep on the top floor
of their cage. Their cage is the tallest thing in the room. If the cage
was not the tallest thing in the room, and they had a higher place to
sleep, would they still go back to the cage? I'm dying to know that.