From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:10:05 -0500
www.ferretgivingtree.com

Almost 300 ferrets needing santas. sigh. So many have been picked but
still many that need santas.

I've heard from a few people that they've had bad experiences with the
giving trees in the past and they aren't going to pick ferrets this
year. Please give the trees another chance. If you were unhappy with a
previous years shelter, why not pick a different one this year. There
are so many needy fuzzies on the trees, this is our chance to make
their christmas a little brighter. Afterall, the giving tree really is
about the fuzzies.

Also, I know of several people that pick mutliple and then some from
the trees each year, so as you watch the numbers hopefully do down,
know that there are a group of people that over-extend themselves to
make sure as many ferrets as they can pick have a nice christmas. It is
so very important whether you pick one ferret or 10, and for the more
1 ferrets that are picked, the less 10's there need to be. Some of us
that pick multiples don't have the funds to do so, instead we pull out
our credit cards and charge away for the fuzzies. Friends really has no
room to spend on anything other than necessities, yet they manage each
year to pick at least one fuzzy to be santa to.

Please go to the trees and if you are financially able, pick a fuzzy or
two to be make their christmas memorable to them.

And if you are a caretaker, please remember that those of us that pick
ferrets enjoy hearing how much the fuzzies enjoy their gifts. Please
let your santas know you appreciate their kindness as well. If one has
time to put ferrets on the tree, which I would think takes considerable
time, please make time to thank your santas even if it is only posted
on the FML.

I enjoy and appreciate thank you emails and I'm always delighted with
the bonus of pictures of the fuzzies with their gifts. Thank you to
those that have acknowledged being picked. You brighten my days.

Thank you to all that care enough to make this a fuzzy christmas.
tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org