From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 17:12:01 -0700
Hello, people and fuzzies!

It's been a while since I've posted, so a quick update: I have two sweet
little sable girls, Freckles and Frolic.  Recently, ferret math struck and
I fell madly in love with a little silver mitt boy.  At that time, I was
temporarily living in New Jersey, and my two girls were staying with some
very special people and ferrets in Tucson, which is my home.

I needed to find a safe way to get Jersey, the new kid, back to Tucson.
Carrying him on the plane with me was not an option since I also had my cat
with me, and kitty was already booked on the flight.  Jersey flew home all
by himself on Delta, using their Delta Dash service.  These are regularly
scheduled passenger flights; animals are kept in a pressurized temperature
controlled hold.  The are put on the plane last and taken off first.  The
Delta people are very concerned about the animal's well-being and they went
out of their way to work with me to find the flight that would be easiest on
Jersey.  (I understand that the major zoos in the US ship their animals on
Delta).

Jersey arrived safely with no problems whatsoever - he keeps bragging to his
sisters about what a big boy he is cuz he flew all by himself!  Hope this
info helps!

Hug those fuzzies!
Peg - I love my weesel kids!
Jersey - I'm an imported ferret!
Freckles - Big deal... pass the raisins...
Frolic - I love my new brother!