From:
"michelle A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 11:09:49 -0700
Hello,
I decided that with all the talk about ECE and ADV, I would get my Shadow
tested just to be on the safe side.

I get to the vet (I live in CA) and the vet is wondering why in the world
I would want to test him for something he has hardly ever seen here in the
west coast.  But I give him the skinny on all the talk here on the list
and he tells me that if I really want he will test him for both but...he
warns..."these tests are very expensive".  He tells me that the ADV is a
blood test and it is about $120.00 dollars.  The ECE he wasn't 100% but
he said the only way to test, that he's knows of, is a poop culture and
that was over $100.00 too.

I told him that I thought there was another way to test for ECE(I could
swear I heard someone say "saliva test", but I could be totally wrong).

Can someone send me some information on other ways to test for ECE (if any)
and where the test needs to be sent to?  About ADV, I do believe that the
blood test is the only way.

My vet is a very nice man and more knowledgeable than another I tried to
go to, he is also very open in learning more.  He said that if I can find
another way to test for ECE he will be more than happy to follow up with
it.  Seems like all the info comes to him trough vet journals.

He did check out Shadow and told me that he seems to be very healthy and
has grown to a 2.5 pounds in the last few months, Shadow is about 8 months
old.  I would appreciate some suggestions on ECE testing that I can bring
to him.

Thank you in advance.
Michelle