From:
Lori Howerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 12:48:41 -0600
Greg,
I just took my ferret to the vet yesterday for the first of his series of
Ferrvac-D.  I was driving home and not 10 minutes later he started puking
and shaking.  As you know, ferrets RARELY throw up.  So I started to freak
out and I'm exceeding the speed limit to get back to the vet's office!  All
of this through tears!!  I run in and tell the receptionist that I think
he's having a reaction and she calmly goes and gets the vet.  They gave him
a shot to counter act his reaction.  I asked what to do when he gets his
second shot and they said they would mix both the vaccine and the
counteracting shots together so that he wouldn't have a reaction.  Well this
is all fine and dandy but why didn't they just mix them in the first
place?!?!  Maybe some of you vets can answer this.  Anyway, he's fine now.
The vet wanted to keep him overnight and I did leave him there for a few
hours but I went and picked him up right before closing.

Pretty scary ordeal!  Not to mention I took my dog on the same day and found
out he has a bladder infection and needs antibiotics which cost $40!  I
dropped about $90 yesterday in that one little vet clinic!  Lori :)