From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:22:45 -0500
Spot (who thinks it would be neat to have another white male "Spot" here --I
believe he referred to it as having a "twin") used to chew on electric cords
about four years ago or so and we tried all sorts of things with no luck,
until we smeared on a VERY minty toothpaste.  It worked!!!  On the other
hand, it turns out that it does NOT come off walls or out of rugs, so
perhaps you might want to try peppermint extract found in the baking aisle
or a clear minty mouthwash.  Just the smell was enough.  For obvious reasons
we never put it on connectors or plugs and guess what he learned to do?  He
can use two canines PRECISELY in opposition (while pulling his lips back) to
unplug telephone and computer connections!  It takes him about 30 seconds to
unplug four of them which are on the same side of the room.  He heh-heh
laughs the whole time.

Kirsten, juvenile lympho, which differs from adult lympho, shows up suddenly
with extreme symptoms and rages through a kit very, very rapidly, and we
still have not heard of a case of it being successfully treated even though
there are some (proven by biopsy) long term chemo treatment (such as the
Jeglum Protocol) survivors of adult lympho.  Juvenile lymphoma is a heart
breaker; you have to see your loved one suffer but it progresses so fast
that you can't have time to adjust to what is happening.  Our Helix had it
about 9 years ago.  Sorry your sweet Robin and your family had to experience
this.  I thought it might be important for others with ferrets which have
adult lympho to realize that they should not give up hope.

Sympathies are extended to all who have recently lost a loved one or are
facing major health problems.  It's very hard.  Remember the good times and
that will ease your pain a bit.  Be kind to yourself right now.  You need it
and are worth it.

BFFs drag rocks backwards when they clear up prairie dog burrows for use;
it's how one locates a burrow being used.  BTW, there is some good news from
either Montana or the Dakotas or both (Don't have reference handy) where the
released animals are breeding well, and in Wyoming they have had a few
survivors and new kits from them in an area with both plague and distemper
so they hope that those individuals may have better resistance and/or better
hunting abilities.

Sukie