From:
Krishna Nobleness <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 12:20:59 -0500
Hi. I have a question.  One of my ferrets is pooping a mucousy greenish
diarrhea. My roommate cleaned it up, and he said it smells very pungent too,
not like regular ferret waste.  This just started sometime during the night,
and we don't know what it is.  Other than that she seems healthy, and the
others are pooping fine.  Then we let them out this morning, mostly to see
who was doing it, and Luna went..and this time it was yellowish.  If we
hadn't seen it, we would have thought it was vomit.  Does anyone know what
could be causing this?  I fed them laxatone a few days ago, but I would have
thought that would be out of their systems by now. We started using
ferretone instead of furotone...might that make a difference? I'd think
everyone would be affected, though. Or could it be a stress reaction?  We
just moved the new baby into their cage, and Missy Luna seems like she might
be a little jealous.  Has anyone else experienecd anything like that?
Finally, could this be a sign of a disease, and should we take her to the
vet?  I'm anxiously waiting, hoping someone can help.  In the meantime,
we'll watch her closely and if she acts strange or sickly in any other way,
it's vet time.  Thanks!

Kristi and the Mustelid Mob of Mayhem
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and new baby Loki

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!