From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 04:25:53 -0800
I was wondering how much Petsmart managers at corporate would listen
if Totally Ferret asked them to send out a bulletin to managers in the
stores in California about ferrets being illegal....

I am so tired of managers and employees telling California residents
that ferrets are legal to own, but not buy, in California. Yes, they
sell the food, but they are endangering ferrets and ferret owners by
telling them they're legal. They also harm the effort to legalize them
by telling them ridiculous reasons why they are illegal (they breed
and eat wildlife).

When you try to tell them otherwise, even a "no, I don't think that's
true" or you tell them that ferrets are confiscated, managers/staff get
very flustered and upset, and don't want to think otherwise even if you
have proof (magazine/book/article) with you. This has happened to me
many a time, and I'm nice about it when I talk about it.

If they heard it through corporate this could change. If they value
their contract with TF, maybe TF could kindly request that corporate
send the California stores a bulletin that they could go over with
employees.

I'm going to be trying on my own to do this, but wondered if TF had
any input or would be willing to ask....since corporate really does
not listen to the little guy.

Sincerely,
Laryssa