Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 10:29:36 EST
Dear Mr Muldoone,

I work for a local veterinary hospital and although we do not specialize
in ferrets, we will see them if necessary.  Friday morning, a couple of
men brought in their niece's ferret.  They claimed the ferret had stopped
eating and started to act very lethargic.  Unfortunately, by the time the
ferret arrived at our clinic, she was barely alive.  She was so thin and
emaciated...and she wasn't more than a couple years old at the most.  I
would bet she weighed less than 8 ounces.  We talked with the owner and
decided the best decision would be to help her to the bridge.  I held her
in my arms and whispered reassurances in her ear as the doctor gave her
the injection.  After she had passed, I cleaned her body and wrapped her
in a soft towel.

I hope she knew someone cared for her.  Sadly, I do not know her name,
only that she was a tiny little blaze.  I don't think she had a business
so I would like my fuzzies to greet her.  Please tell Farli, Fitz, Honey,
and Milos to meet her and treat her as one of their own.

Thanks Mr Muldoone!

Erica
Buster & Sofie
PS I also gave the owners information on the two very ferret-knowledgable
vets I use (although they are 45 min. away) and told them about ferrets
for dummies.  Hopefully, if they get another ferret they will be better
informed.