From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:31:23 EST
Sukie posted about a wonderful challenge and requested that we send
in short stories, funny stories, inspiring haiku's, poetry, etc about
ferrets.  That's a great idea, and very much needed here in this forum
I think.  I just love reading about peoples experiences here.  So many
people are talented and much more creative than they give themselves
credit for.

I'm not a poet, but I can contribute something about spring myself,
I suppose.  I can tell you how much my ferrets love everything about
spring.  It's their favorite season, the second favorite being fall.
They love the way the sun warms their fur, to hear the sounds of all
the birds singing around them, to listen to the wind chimes, the way
the wind brings them scents of newness from around their world, and the
opportunity to find tiny bugs and critters for them to investigate.  Most
of all they enjoy flowers.  Do anyone else's ferrets enjoy flowers?  My
ferrets love to find flowers growing outside, to smell them, rub on them,
and most ... all bury their faces in them.  It's just adorable.  When I
see this, I make a very conscious effort to engrave the image in my mind
so as to remind myself to do the same in life each and every day.

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com