From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 23:49:41 -0500
Dear Ferreteers,
I first want to apologize for not having responded to the many requests for
info on these unique furkids sooner - between a full time job, my own 8, and
the infamous Arcadia 9, I'm pretty swamped.  I know it's been frustrating to
wait, but here is where we are now:

I need posts from people who are interested in adoption.  If you have
already written me, you're on my list & I will be writing to you soon, but
if you haven't, let me know & I'll add you to our listing.  I will be
posting names and descriptions of the ferrets available & the time frame in
which I expect them to be ready by the end of this week to all of you.  Our
web site will be up shortly, and you will be able to see some of these
incredible sweeties directly.

Secondly, I will be sending our adoption application and contract to all who
are interested.  Upon review of the committee, all applicants will be
notified privately of decisions.

I realize this may seem to be a strenuous process, but all of us involved
believe these wonder-weasels need special new moms & dads.  Some are fear
biters, all are larger than normal & all respond to loving care & attention
very rapidly.  Tonight, Sadie, who has been free in my bed room for 2 days,
came out of hiding , evidently looking for me, and gently licked Ferretvite
from my fingers with no nips or bites at all.  The reason she was free
roaming was that she was too scared to be returned to her cage after her
last walkabout/run time.  She's learning slowly, but if this aggressive
sable can learn to trust, they all can, with care and patience and
attention.  The results of the effort are heartwarming.  Last night I saw
Bogart (@4lb albino) actually chasing my Rikki & giggling as he waddled.
They are so incredibly lovely - Mr Reynolds may not have known how to care
for them, but he sure made beautiful ferrets!

So, dear friends, if you are interested in adopting one of these unusual and
beautiful slinkies, email me privately at [log in to unmask] & we'll figure it
out together from there.

Best ferret hugs & good wishes for a Ferrety New Year,
Paula