From:
Huntwhip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2012 12:22:22 -0400
I applaud Alexandra for her insights. Also, I would like to thank
both her and Gordon for their grasp of the value of language and its
ability to mitigate or instigate when used to those ends. You have
both made me laugh and cry with your ferret stories, and ferret person
sensitivities. I, too, have lost several souls close to me in the last
five months, and understand the wisdom in refraining from platitudes
during the grieving process. I believe that those of us who subject
ourselves to the love of ferrets and other animals must know that to
partake in the dance you cannot escape the pain. They simply do not
live long enough. In the meantime, please, continue to sweeten these
painful losses with your joyful renditions, it makes the grief
bearable.

Nancy Mitchell, Franktown, CO