Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 05:48:04 -0800
Dooks All ~!~!

Just wanted to give all a preview of some of the events the Pacific
Ferret Shelter Network is planning for this year.

Before I do, I would like to congratulate some people on an extremely
important accomplishment.  A coordinated effort between the Emmett
Ferret Shelter and the Oregon Ferret Shelter has succeded in getting a
$10,000.00 grant for ADV testing.  This money will be used to offset the
cost of ADV testing (United Blood tests) and for education programs.
PFSN Shelters wishing to participate in the program must meet certain
requirements.  It is our hope that this funding will help increase
testing within the shelters and will act as a study to determine how
prevelant ADV may be in the areas.  Congratulations on a wonderful
job ~!~!

MONTHLY MEETINGS - (unless otherwise noted) 2nd Sat of each month, 6-9pm,
Clairmont Mobile Home Park, 13531 Claimont Way, Oregon City, OR.  Meals
are pot luck.  Please bring an entree and side dish or dessert to share.

Feb 12- HEART TO HEART -
Discussions on how to love your ferret.  Tell us your stories of how your
kids touched your heart.  The bond between you.

Pot Luck dinner - (Valentines) Comfort foods, old favorites, related
themes.

RAFFLE of Kat Parsons 'Ferrets & Hearts' afghan (tickets available to
all - email me if interested [log in to unmask] )

Board Elections - Vice President, Fundraising Chair, Newsletter Editor
(members only)

Mar 12 - SHARIN' O' THE GREEN -
None wants to be a 'stoolgazer', yet some indicators of illness can be
found in the strangest ways.  Get the scoop on the poop.  Discussions of
ECE and other illnesses.

Pot Luck  - (St Patricks) Irish foods, green

Apr 9 - SPRING BOARD TO HEALTHY EATING -
Discussions of ferret diets and requirements.

CONTEST - Egg Decoration Contest - Bring an egg decorated in a ferret
theme for judging.

RAFFLE - Gardening items (gloves, pot, soil, hand spade and other items
for gardening)

Pot Luck - (Springtime) eating healthy, spring related foods, eggs

May 14 - MOTHERHOOD -
Importance of nurturing by mother ferrets.  Problems associated with
removing kits from mother too soon.

Pot Luck - (Mothers Day) Moms Best Meal - recollections of your fav home
cooked meals

Jun 11 - HOW TO BE A COOL FERRET DAD -
Tips and tricks on keeping your fur-kids cool and comfy in warmer
weather.

Pot Luck - (Fathers Day) dad foods - pizza, chili, hot dogs, etc

- - - planning stage - - -
July - TOESHARKS IN THE SAND - Plans are under way for a picnic on the
beach and maybe a stroll on the boardwalk

August - PICNIC IN THE PARK - A Fun Day at Clackamette Park (Due to
insurance regulations, general public will not be allowed.  This event
will be open to members and guests.  Details at a later date)

Sept - FERRETS 101 - An education day on responsible ferret care and
companionship.

We are also planning and prepping for
PACIFIC NORTHWEST FERRET SHOW 2005 ~!~!~!~!~!~!
I know, we said 'every other year', but we had so much fun last year we
wanna do it again this Novemer 12th.

Need info or directions ??  Please email me or contact the Oregon Ferret
Shelter ([log in to unmask]) or call 503-557-8369

Warm Fuzzies ~!~!~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew    [log in to unmask]
Pacific Ferret Shelter Network VP