From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:21:38 -0400
Joseph,
and any other new ferret folks.  Scooting of the hind quarters in my
research is a trait passed on since???  Ferrets are marking their territory.
It is mentioned in several books-- at this moment they escape me.  You could
have saved the $$$ on the shots, but I understand your concern..  it is good
to be observant and concerned.  I do not know if anyone on the list has been
able to alter the ferret scooting pattern... we have far too many ferrets
here to think about and from time to time I see them scoot on this floor or
that-- How about it FML readers andy suggestions ??

Alicia