From:
Eleanor Mead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 16:08:55 -0400
I have been to Rose's house and can verify that Rose has MANY UNWANTED
ferrets that have been dumped, ranging in ages and from BALD to BITERS
that NO ONE COULD OR WOULD HANDLE OR TAKE (and would most likely be put
to sleep if it weren't for Rose taking them).  Some had tumors on their
heads or tails or needed multiple surgeries.  Some were waiting on death
row at dog pounds or animal shelters ready to be put to sleep because
no one wanted them because they weren't pretty enough,no time for them
anymore, bald, unwanted, or whatever the reason.  Rose has taken them
in and paid for their surgeries with her own money she makes from the
bedding she sells on Ebay and Special Custom Orders.  She depends on
the money that she gets from the bedding she makes and sells our of her
garage.  WHY?  Because she truly loves ALL ferrets and this is her
mission in life.  She has made it her cause to stay at home and tend
to ALL of them individually.  I really do not know how she does it.  I
honestly would not take some of the ferrets she does.  I'm gulty of being
fussy which really isn't fair to a ferret.

Due to the usual diseases that strike our wonderful ferrets and just
plain old age, Rose has lost some and each one breaks her heart but she
has a great outlook that keeps her going.  She even has a beautiful
Rainbow Bridge Cemetary in the back yard where some of my babies are.
She feels although one has left for the bridge, another ferret will come
along with a sad story in need of a loving, permanent, family.  ( I wish
I had her outlook, mine is once they're gone, that's it.  I cannot take
the heartache anymore.) Her theory is, " They may have had a lousy life
before they came- at least they will have a good life and be part of a
family before they leave this earth."  The ferrets at her home pretty
much want for nothing!  Her husband works a full time job and supports
her fully and also spends time with the ferrets.  They are totally self
supporting.

I barely get to see her except when I buy her bedding and go over to pick
it up !  She does not really have a social life, her life is FERRETS!
She even helps other shelters in need when she can by sending bedding,
etc. and she plays "SECRET SANTA" to at least 20 ferrets every year on
the GIVING TREES !!!!

I have tried to talk her into opening a shelter but she feels the ferrets
she gets have been through enough and cannot in her heart ever adopt out!
She will NEVER give up any of the kids because she knows NO ONE will give
them better care or love than she can.  Her and her husband even take the
ferrets camping in their huge RV when they get a chance to go !!!
Special travel cages were made to accomodate the ferrets!

Now, how many people are that dedicated?????  So, if anyone is spreading
any kind of rumors, PLEASE...... review your true motives !!!!

Eleanor