From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:47:22 -0700
I've been using the top from an egg carton to assist in my nail trimming
of the ferrets, and it has worked so well, I thought I'd share it with
everyone.

This is for anyone who wants to stand up for the trimming, as a lap is also
a great place to keep the ferret in the right position.  Doing all the
ferrets at once, I tend to have extra ones getting into my lap and
hindering progress by helping themselves to someone elses belly!

The top is removed from the egg carton, and if it is contured, mash the 3
center sections flat.  Then drape a couple of dishtowels (nice clean ones
are preferred by the ferrets!) over the carton top.  Lay the ferret into
this boat like holder and apply Petromalt as usual.  The contour of the
carton top keeps the ferret in position, and you can clip around all 4 feet
quickly.  I keep the Ferretone handy to add, if the Petromalt runs out
before I'm done.  I work on my kitchen countertop, as it's the right
height, and because it's up out of reach of all the other ferrets, there is
no risk of something getting spilled, or someone flinching the tube of
Petromalt and running off.

Let me know what color dishtowels your ferrets prefer to recline on.

Georgia