From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 08:31:16 -0400
Jackie wrote: "Has anyone else had any experiences with ferret allergies?  I
know someone else just posted a similar question, so if anyone has any
input, there are two of us (plus fuzzies) eagerly awaiting your replies!"

As a shelter Mom I have seen and heard of many.  We formerly had a great 1
yr old boy who came to us after his owner met with a sudden death.  He was a
coughing, choking ferret.  After a week of trying to track down information,
I located the former vet.  Indeed this was an allergy kid.  He responded
well to antihistimines and was adopted out happily!

We currently have a pet ferret at age 2 with two distinct bald spots and
pink skin underneath-- allergies.  She was recently moved to new cage
quarters and the bedding is the suspect.  I also know folks in NY who have a
coughing kid-- pollen allergies -- REALLY and there have been many ferrets
allergic to household products, carpet cleaners, detergents etc.

Don't second guess your vet, in fact if you have a vet who is sympathetic to
animal allergies hang onto that Vet!!!!!

Fondly in ferrets,
Alicia
a shelter Mom