From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 07:57:50 -0400
John wrote:
>Hello, would writing to our Congressmen & Women, Senators, etc.,
>help in any way?  Many of our representatives are on committees &
>boards, which "oversee" agencies like the USDA.

It couldn't hurt!

This site lists the members of the House Committee on Agriculture.
They have oversight for the USDA.
http://agriculture.house.gov/inside/members.html
You can click on a member's name to get a link to their web site
where you can send online email.

For the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry:
http://agriculture.senate.gov/sen.htm
Again there are links to the senator's individual web sites where you
can contact them.

Even if your senator or representative is not listed, you can still
contact the chair of each committee.

Please remember, these people will have very little understanding of the
issues.  The main points here I think would be that we the public spoke
very clearly last fall with our comments on the proposed regulations, and
the USDA is trying to circumvent the will of the people.  We want the
needs of ferret SPECIFICALLY addressed.  Remember: BE POLITE!

Other suggestions on what to do are welcome!

Linda Iroff
International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org