From:
Kevin Bonner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 03:26:27 EDT
Dooks all !!

Been a while since my last posts.  Been very busy and hectic around here.
Moving, new job and responsibilities, setting up the kids rooms, etc.  Add
to that a broken computer and a crash on the hard drive - well, you should
get the idea.

On my last post (well over a month ago) I asked for good thoughts and
wishes for one of my foster ferts - Willie.  Willie had begun vomiting
and refusing food.

An x-ray had shown a possible blockage.  Exploratory surgery revealed, not
a blockage, but a tumor on the left adrenal.  The surgery was quite touchy
(especially for a 7yr old), but was a success thanks to a wonderfully
skilled vet, Meg Frey of the Forest Heights Veterinary Clinic.  Willie
spent his recovery period at the Oregon Ferret Shelter with Shelter Mom,
Chris Mathis.  There was still a problem with his eating, so Willie was
treated for IBS.  As I was in the process of moving Willie remained at
the shelter for a time before I could bring him "home".

Willie made quite a few strides while back home.  His appetite had
increased as did his activity and alertness.  Good things do not last
forever, though.  Thursday Willie was vomiting and refusing food once
again.  Shelter Mom brought Willie back to the shelter for treatments I was
ill-equipped to handle.  Fearing the worst I reminded Willie just how much
he was loved.  He was also told not to be afraid if his time was near.

Friday evening, after a chance to say his "good-byes" the the humans who
loved him, Willie left to join his mom and friends at The Rainbow Bridge.
He left peacfully in the arms of his Shelter Mom.  There is no doubt in my
heart that he left knowing that he was loved.

Chris (Shelter Mom) may have said it best, "As much as I love them all they
all deserve a home to call their own even if only for a short time."
Yeah, each kid deserves a home, and someone to love them.

Warm Fuzzies !!

Kevin B and the Way Kewl Kritter Crew
~Simon~Lacey~Hershey~Sprite~Cuddles~Java~Miss Priss~Cinna~Racer~Patch~
~Mocha~Nikki~Selene~Yogi~Skooter~Tootsie~ Peabody~Sasquatch~
and Mist the Fer-Kat
Foster kids - ~Nippy~Stubbie~Christina~
Guardian Fur-Angels -
~Furrice~Lady~Zeus~Rascal~Socks~Muttley~Dookesbury~Little Boy~Willie~
Please see KITY=^..^=KAT's Fur Faces, Memorial for Zeus
                  http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/2396/zeus.html
KRITTER KREW - http://hometown.aol.com/kwildheart/myhomepage/pet.html
Prayers to the ill and those who have gone before us.  Hug your fuzzies
while you can, hold them in your heart when you can't.