Date:
Wed, 13 May 2009 14:25:10 -0600
Renee, that story of the ferret on the plane was priceless (for those
of you who missed it, the URL was
<http://www.herald-review.com/articles/2009/05/11/columnists/ask_alex/1041082.txt>

Thanks a bunch for sharing that with us. If you guys haven't read the
story yet, you just gotta. You guys know what happens when you first
let your ferrets out of the cage?... well, imagine that kind of energy
on a plane. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I was doing some twittering (I am @hoomin on Twitter, btw - there are
many, many ferret people and rescues on Twitter), and I came across
this from
http://www.ferretdreams.org .

This is one I hadn't seen before, and I thought it was so true to life
that I had to pass it on. I changed the picture and did my own thing
(you can see it on my blog), but the words are theirs (if they didn't
take it from someone else, that is):

Ferret Property Laws

1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my mouth, it's mine.
3. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
4. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
5. If it looks like mine, it's mine.
6. If it's mine, it must never be yours.
7. If I saw it first, it's mine.
8. If you have something and put it down, it's mine.
9. If I chew something up, all of the pieces are mine.
10. If it used to be yours, get over it.
11. If it's broken, it's yours. (my personal favorite law - Roary)
12. If it's edible, it's definitely mine.

Basically, all you have to remember is... IT's MINE!!!

Roary
talk: http://twitter.com/hoomin/
writings: http://hoomin.blogspot.com/
my music: http://www.garageband.com/artist/hoomin
location: Rio Rancho, NM

[Moderator's note: A similar post appeared on the FML over 10 years
ago!: