Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:37:46 EST
Greetings to all fuzzies and fuzzy-lovers.  My most sincere condolences
to those that have recently had a fuzzy cross the Bridge.

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update on my 8+year old albino baby.
In January, Bubbles was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy.  She is on
medication, compounded especially for her taste - chicken flavor!  My
pharmacy is going to see about using NutraCal as a flavor base for her
to make it even more appealing.  Two weeks ago this coming Wednesday,
Bubbles had a mast cell removed.  We go in today (Tuesday) to have the
stitches removed.  Imagine my surprise when I got home from work today
and found another one has come up on her left side, just under her rib
cage!  The stitches were left in a bit longer than necessary due to my
work and the location of the incision.  We wanted to give it plenty of
time to heal well.  I was on pins and needles with the first surgery.
With her age and her heart condition I was afraid of losing her.  Now I
get to go through it all again tomorrow (Wednesday).  I never realized
how fast mast cells can come up.  It wasn't there this morning, and this
afternoon it was!  And what concerns me beyond her health and age issues
is that there is nothing to stop them from continuing to pop up.  I ask
that Bubbles is please kept in your thoughts through yet another surgery!

For the love of ferrets and the human hearts they hold,
Barbara Laugesen  and furkids Bubbles, Simon, Calvin and Blake