Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 00:47:49 -0800
I swear by wood stove pellets and after using them for the past four
years I ll never use anything else for my cats and ferrets.

First off, they're SO cheap - only about $4-$6 for a 40 pound bag.

Secondly, they're great at completely neutralizing urine odor.

Thirdly, they don't track as much as other litters.

Fourthly, if you dump the pans out when the pellets are around 50%
broken down the pans dump out completely dry.

With ferrets, since their poop isn't exactly scoopable, I tend to dump
the pans every three days. Right now I have three ferrets and four pans
in the cage.

I also use wood stove pellets for my cats and have four cats, three
pans. I scoop the poop daily then dump the pans weekly. I always have
people comment how it "never smells like cat" in my house since the
pellets ARE so good at removing that urine stink. Also love that
changing the litter is so damn easy. There's no having to scrub off
chunks of nastiness like you have to do with clumping or wheat-based
litter. I just use a pet safe disinfectant and give it a wipe then
dump in more pellets.

I'm in the Seattle, WA area and pick up my pellets during cooler months
at local grocery stores (Safeway, Winco) or Lowe's. Once it warms up I
can find them year round at a farm/feed store just a couple miles away.
It's the EXACT same product as Feline Pine but without a cat's face on
the bag so for an eighth of the price. Feline Pine only became
successful because they re a FLORIDA company where probably most living
there don't even have a clue what wood stove pellets are! Wish I'd
thought of that!!!!

Laura