From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:08:24 -0700
Today I had to help little Angel to the Rainbow Bridge.  She was a tiny
albino girl just two and a half years old.  She came to me as half of a
pair relinquished to Ferret Friends by a convicted animal abuser.  (He
killed a dog and hurt his own.  Maybe he knew he couldn't trust himself
with them.  He's since been sentenced to not have any more animals for
several years.) After the two intergrated into my large group the other
was adopted out and Angel was part of my gang of seven.  A couple months
ago I noticed a lump in her abdomen so had it checked and x-rayed.  Maybe
an enlarged kidney, or ???  So she had exploratory surgery on August 6.
Vet found an enlarged lymph node that serves the intestinal area so I had
her closed up.  She healed well and was bouncing around and growing fur
on her belly but a couple days ago I noticed she was sleeping more in the
cube and her poop had changed.  The last couple days blood was in the
stool, not digested black but fairly red, in her favorite corner.  I had
to put newspaper down as she wasn't heading to the potty.  So it was time
to say goodbye, my little Angel.  Thanks for the extra month you gave me.

She will be missed by Comet, Banchee, Betty, Jet, Mandy and Baby

And of course her Daddy and me.

Carol O.