From:
Kirk Haines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 06:52:52 -0600
> PEOPLE who are deaf or blind (or both) USUALLY aren't totally so.  Most
> blind people can see SOMETHING.  (even if just shadows) And deaf people
> hear SOMETHING.

Regarding deafness, a lot of deaf do indeed have some level of hearing.
However, a lot of them are 100% deaf.  As a deaf instructor of mine put
it several years ago (paraphrased),  "See this pencil?  I hear you as well
as it does.  Nothing."

Kirk Haines                          |My opinions are my own, not my       +
[log in to unmask]           |employers'                           +
Systems' Analyst/Administrator       +-------------------------------------+
Consultant -- ADIA Information Tech  |
              1050 17th ST STE 1460  |
              Denver, CO  80265-9909 |