From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 18:31:50 -0500
Ok, It is me again, and the grip I have it with the NAFA newletter (again)
there was a little article about how one woman did rescues for the love of
ferrets.

Ok, I can accept that.  Then Chuck Skaggs went on to talk about the rescues
that do rescue work for profit.  He did mention that there are some that did
rescue work for the love of ferrets, but it didn't read that the profit
shelters were a small minortiy, and it seemed to lump alot of good people
into that "profit" group.  Chuck - you may have not meant to sound like you
were generalizing - but it read that way.

If you are running a true rescue, with no breeding, copying information to
hand out, getting whatever you can donated, paying for the vet, how do you
make a profit?  Hell, I'd happy to just break even some day.  And any one
else that I know that runs a shelter feels the same.

The other thing, he made it sound like there was only one shelter in Ohio,
hey Chuck, I have a news flash for you - there are more than one shelter,
and two that I know of that belong to OFA besides the one you mentioned.

Any way to each and every shelter out there that operates in the red, and
continues to rescue ferrets, educate the un-educated, and help those who
need it, keep up the good work.  All the fuzzies you have helped appreciate
it.

The Zoo Crew