Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 19:59:05 EDT
Several kind people have asked if they could help to pay for Marias'
surgery.  She is going in next Wed., and I will pick her up next Saturday.

1. Maria is about 5 to 7 years old, weighs 1 pound 2 ounces.
2. She ate Bob C. chicken soup out of bowl instead of syringe for
   first time today.  She has a good appetite.
3. The pus has stopped oozing out of her in globs.  She has been given
   her medicine twice a day.  It is doing a good job.
4. Vet says blood tests look good.  Heart looks good.
5. The sores all over her body are gone now.
7. Burn is turning pink.  She is healing well, and being kept hydrated.
8. She is adrenal and needs surgery to correct this, has a grossly
   enlarged vulva, may have an incomplete spay, and has bubbles showing up
   on the x-rays.  May be fur balls.  These bubbles were the vets main
   concern.  Pancreas will be looked at also.  Black teeth will be cleaned.

If anyone would like to help me out with Maria-they can send whatever they
can to
Midwest Bird And Exotic Animal Hospital
1923 S. Manheim Rd.
Westchester, IL 670154
For Maria Ferret--Account 2174
They say her chances are strong and good.

Her cage was over $180.  The two vet visits were over $320.  thus far.
Surgery will be around $500, plus time in surgery room, IV, meds,room and
board.

Please send your e-mail address so I can personally thank you on behalf of
myself and this little one: Maria.

I do not ask ever for donations for me.  But having just rescued Mini-Me,
and purchased the largest nonprofessional side by side refrigerator to hold
Bob C. chicken soup in the freezer for the other rescues, and having put
in all new doors that are almost wall to wall so that the ferrets have
something new to pee on, and new drapes and blinds for them to ruin (-;
---Maria was not at ALL in my financial plans.

Maria would not have lived more than a day or two in that window in the
blazing heat and sun on her naked body with the water bottle hook snapped
off on one end: siturated such that Maria could not get any water.  There
really was no other place in the shop that I could see to put the cage.
So, she was going to burn to death there.

Many thanks to those who suggested this.  Any help will be appreciated.
Please say a prayer for this helpless one to make it through surgery, and a
prayer for all the millions of abandoned animals.

I found this "freak" because of children playing in the park who told me
about this hideous thing that looked like one of my ferrets.  I believe
that God gives us these hints and chances to guide us to help one another.
May we open our hearts to those in need, and share a part of ourselves
with the less fortunate.

Lisette