From:
Margaret Zick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1996 11:53:51 -0500
The road was dark and the ferrets were quiet, for all of about 30 minutes.
Then a chorus of "Are we there yet?" and "Let us out of here!" started.

Mo' Maggie was tired. But she knew she must be strong for the long trip
ahead. She started thinking about all the things the evil money lenders had
done to her in the last month.

They couldn't believe that a couple getting a divorce would by a house
together.  They didn't believe she was going to move 1000 miles to go to
school, even when the school told them she was admitted.  They thought she
was lying to get low interest on investment property.

And when she whined about her sad state of affairs to the Fairy Godmother
Trish, the fairy godmother said "Look at it this way, things can't get
anymore complicated."

The next day Mo' Maggie's loan was turned down. Why would her fairy godmother
curse  her like this?

"Mom, Mom quit daydreaming and let me out of this cage!!" Miss Stella yelled
from the back seat.

"But I can't little woman," said Mo' Maggie.  "We have 16 more hours ahead
of us, and we are soon going to be going through the dreaded ferret free
land of the greater Metroplex area.  They might try and take you away from
me if they see you."

"Just let them try, I'll bite their toes and dance around to confuse them,"
said the fearless Miss Stella.

Mo' Maggie just smiled at her brave little woman.  But she was very careful
driving through dreaded Metroplex land.  She obeyed all signs and laws and
actually drove only 5 miles over the posted speed limit, which in itself was
enough to draw attention to them.  Every one else was going 80.

But after long hours, Maggie being tense and the ferrets looking everywhere
for dreaded gestapo agents, they came upon the land of the five civilized
tribes. They land of Mo' Maggie's youth. A place she knew and felt safe in.

And then it started agian, the chorus of "Let me outta here!!!"