Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:47:27 -0800
>aerosol....However, as birds are uniquely sensitive to some airborne
>household products and environmental factors, experts recommend
>removing the bird from the room until the product application has fully
>ventilated, like you would do with any household cleaning product."

FABREEZE is not a urban legend, it does kill birds.  We once raised
gouldian finches and belonged to Finch-list serve.  They are very serious
about this topic and cited several instances of avian death due to the
product .  OK it might not hurt ferrets but I would rather play it safe
but that's just me.  We know that cedar releases dangerous oils , some
even claim the same about pine chips and aspen .

The main point here is that we shouldn't need to use deodorizers if we
keep the litter clean , the bedding clean and the animals clean.

   Z32 weasel Mark
(Mark James Bethke RVT)