From:
"Quality Ferrets Inc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 1996 11:48:02 -0400
>From:    "Mason T. Weinrich" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Angora Ferrets?
>I was in a NH pet shop last night, and saw something I had never seen
>before - Angora ferret kits!  My questions -

>1) Does anyone know how inbred these critters are?
>2) Are the store's claims true?
>3) Does anyone have other experience with Angora ferrets?
>They were expensive ($300 each), but oh, so adorable...

Mason,

I will be happy to answer the questions you had regarding the angora ferret.

1) Our breeder has been breeding ferrets since 1947 and is very serious
about his business.  To give you an example, he keeps track of all his
ferrets with special computer software.  He has a large gene-pool, and no
desire for inbreeding.

2) All our ferrets are being bred in Scandinavia, north of Germany.
Regarding the smell of our ferrets compared to the US ferrets I can't answer
who smells more.  The lady in the store probably knows that better than I do
since she sells both types of ferrets.  The weight of a fully grown angora
ferret varies.  I have two myself, one Black Self that is inbetween 7-8 lbs,
and one Royal Pastel that is somewhere around 6-7 lbs, both of them are
males.

3) Yes, there are a few people on the FML that have angora ferrets.  If you
have any questions regarding the angora ferrets you can e-mail me directly
at: [log in to unmask] or visit my webpage at:

http://erau.db.erau.edu/~erikssol/ferrets.html

Lars Eriksson
Quality Ferrets Inc.