From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 20:51:11 +0100
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my poem about Toby, I
only had him for one week but his mental pain touch my hart, I re home
ferrets for the Dutch ferret foundation and sometimes I have to find
homes for ferrets that I know can't be re-homed, either because they need
constant medical care or because of abuse, be it from not knowing or not
caring, these ferrets nearly always end up staying with me, consequently
in last few years I never have a ferret longer than a few years, but in
the time they are with us they get all available medical care and tons of
TLC, for every ferret that goes to rainbow ridge I write a poem in
memory, this next one was written for a male ferret named Tidor who had
mammon tumours, he stayed 14 months before we sent him on his way, I
think that in those 14 months we more than made up for the 4 years of
abuse, he love us and told us every day how much with his kisses, I would
like to dedicate his poem to all the shelter mums who live day to day
with the pain of trying to mend the wrong done by stupid people

Stephenie

Tidor

Once again one I love
Has left this mortal plain