From:
Melina Cardona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 09:06:28 EST
Hi all,

I was visiting Petco for their Carefresh 2 for 1 deal (can't beat that!)
and there was this lady by the ferrets.  Seeing a chance to play with the
ferrets I went over there and started making small talk with the woman.
She was asking my opinion on one of the kits.  Seems that she was in the
market for a baby but had her heart set on a female, which they only had
males.  We got to talking more and I told her I would be adopting ferrets
of my own in the future and she asked me where I was going to get them.  I
told her from the GCFA shelter in Lyons.  She was all bubbly and started
asking me for information and phone number, how far out they are, etc.  I
ran to get Kim's book which was on display in the ferret section and it
only had the PO box addy in the back.  I knew I had their phone number
here at home.  So she wrote down the shelter info and my name and phone
number.  She was really nice about it all and said she'd call me later
that night for the shelter's ph. number.  This was Friday night and I
never got a phone call.

Then tonight she called!  She had purchased two baby ferts from two
different places BUT she said she still wants to go to the shelter and get
two more because she knows that is a really good thing to do.  She now has
the shelter number and probably called them right after she got off the
phone with me.  She's so enthusiastic about shelters and asked if we had
any cats up for adoption (I told her about our little rescue thing going
on).  She gave me her number so I plan to call her back this weekend to
see how many ferrets she brought home from GCFA, lol.  She seems like a
really nice woman.  This is the first real-life person I have referred to
a shelter so it's exciting for me.  Will send updates when I know more.

-Melina & Crew