From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 10:12:00 -0500
I know that many of you on the FML might not have that extra dollar to
contribute to your local ferret shelter.  So  I have a suggestion as to a
gift that will cost you only a phone call and a little time.

At our shelter we have these marvelous play tubes which cost us nothing but
a little time.

Here it is:

Call up your local Carpet Store.  They have these great - heavy duty
cardboard tubes that the carpet is wrapped around.  Usually these tubes are
10 to 12 feet long (tubes have been approved as SAFE by our FFIRCI vet Dr.
Ernest).   You will have to use a saw to cut the tubes into sections of two
to 4 feet long.  They make great exploring tubes and all the ferrets at the
FFIRC shelter simply love them.

So for Christmas why not get one of these tubes, cut it up, and give it to
your local shelter.

Added note.  Last Easter I went to the "Dollar Store" and bought 100 of
those plastic easter eggs (Cost $5.00) also I got a tube of Super Glue.  I
glued the eggs closed with the super glue and let them sit for 24 hours.
The kids just love them -especially since they can play a game called the
EGG CANON.  I take those carpet tubes I cut and put the eggs in them - The
kids love to push the eggs back and forth in the tubes.

Many of you have ask for our snail mail address so I will give it to you.
You can write to the Ferret Friends at this address:

Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
%Chere McCoy
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL    32966

We do put out a newsletter (which I pay for personally).  Unfortunately we
won't be able to put out another one till around January.   It is absolutely
FREE to be a Ferret Friend all you have to do is love animals (It helps if
you are owned by a ferret)

Our shelter is a NO-KILL, not for profit shelter - where every ferret is
truly loved.

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
Ferret Friends of Indian River County Shelter
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International