From:
Diabolique Eleanor D'Artagnan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:14:25 -0700
Hello all again:

I've been reading a lot about all of these ferrets at shelters and wonder
how people can even give up these wonderful little guys we call our babies,
fuzzbutts, dooks of earl, and whatnot!!  I mean how can a shelter have
ferrets in the numbers of 20, 30, 40, even more?!  I wonder how people
can't love them!?  Now I know that ferret math has wanted to bite me a
couple times, but I am in college and work full-time so I sadly only have
love enough for one ferret (my boyfriend and I take care of her together
and we have plenty of play time with her between the both of us), but I
would like to help out with the poor little homeless ferrets...I'd have to
get more info on what all is involved, but I live in the State College area
of Pennsylvania.  I am from Reading, PA.  So if anyone on the list runs a
shelter in either of those areas or knows of those said shelters, could you
email me?  I can only imagine how frustrating it is to try to give all the
fuzzies the love each one deserves and hopefully (if my time and resources
permit) I can help their fuzzy little bottoms!

Also, I was sad to see that a local pet store is going out of business...
went in to check out the pets and there were 5 ferrets there.  3 were about
6-8 weeks and were sleeping like babies, the other 2 were about 10-12 weeks
old and had a sign "caution: we WILL bite".  I put my hand in to pet the
white ferret (dark eyes) and she bit me right off the bat!  I was ready for
it and picked her up to show her I didn't want to hurt her.  The other one
was as calm as could be.  I didn't understand the reason that the sign was
up, they were just babies and just wanted to play!  I also noted that their
claws were not cut and that given enough time, they would be able to easily
get out of the cage due to the type of "lock" that was on the door.  Hey, I
would be kinda nippy too if all these people kept putting their fingers in
my cage and I only got to see people when the mall was open...what about
those 2 AM romps that just need to be done?  Huh?

Sorry about that, but me and my fuzzie just needed to blow off some steam
about that!!

Rochelle and Mahwah (the baddies head)