From:
Kevin and Marie McGowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:05:00 +0900
Hi there-

I was a subscriber several years ago and just resubscribed recently, so
this is my firs post in many years.

I live in Japan with my husband who is in the Navy and our three little
darlings.  I moved here with the fuzzies in June and the worst problem was
the arguments I had with the airlines as to whether they could all ride in
the same carrier on board with me of course.  (Yeah Delta) Anyway, Oshi (7
1/2), Taz (6 1/2), and Fenris (6) all made the trip alright.  They all have
insulinoma and I believe the two boys have adrenal tumors as well.  The
problem is finding veterinarians around here.  The Army Vet command
considers the treatment of ferrets acceptable now, but this particular
Navy base will not even allow them on the grounds.  The vet doesn' t like
ferrets and the command considers them wild animals via a response I got
when I questioned the policy.

Anyhow, the thing is I will be moving back to the states in June again and
does anyone have an idea who I need to contact about reimporting the little
guys???

Thanks in advance-
Marie and the "not-so-wild-anymore" bunch.