From:
Leslie Kauffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 20:10:13 -0400
Thanks to everyone who kept Daggett in their thoughts!

I went and picked him up from the Vet last night.  He seems to have put
on some of the weight he lost and is definitely acting a little more like
the "Diggity" I know and love.  I worked from home today so I could keep
a close eye on him.  Though it is hot here so he's mostly been sleeping
all day.

I'm keeping him seperate from the other two until he's back to normal, as
instructed.  I'm also to give him .2ml of Amoxidrops, 250 mg of Flagyl,
and .5ml of pepto 2 times a day and they also gave me Periactin to give
him to stimulate his appetite if necessary.

The official diagnosis was diarrhea (but suspected ECE).  But so far so
good for now.  I've been giving him some Pedialyte as often as he'll
drink it, to try and keep him from dehydrating again and been offering
Duck Soup and Nutrical as well.

I was curious if anyone has any tricks to get their little ones to take
the tablet medications?  I've been crushing them up and mixing in with
the Nutrical, which works sometimes, but other times he's too smart to
fall for it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Leslie, Bean, Daggett and Dylan Henry