From:
Kris Kalaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 16:51:55 -0700
Yep.  I have to agree.  It's NOT the people who buy ferrets I worry about
setting bad opinions from false or unproven statements through the press.
It's the people who get on a soap box, make stupid laws that are NOT
based on facts or accurate research.

Hopefully this blurb on CNN will just die off and be forgotten.

At this point I think the best way to combat this type of bad press is
not to keep harping on a bad thing that was said.  But instead to do what
we can as ferret lovers to spread the word about how loving and safe
ferrets really are.  For instance me daughters school teacher is letting
us have a show and tell day.  We are sharing ferrets to the 6th graders.
We are taking our best behaved boy that has had his rabies shots.

On a bad note I have stumbled onto a lady that just breed her first
litter of ferrets.  She has not spayed or neutered them and has them for
sale for $50 bucks.  We have no local laws about breeding, or what type
or number of animals can be kept.  I may have to become a pain in the but
to her and hope to educate her about what she is doing.  Wish me luck!