From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 19:10:40 +0000
Hey Ya'll,

Well, I spent my birthday weekend with a very special person, enjoyed myself
much. And the Missouri weather cooperated just enough to allow the moon to
peak through for us stargazers, laying out in the middle of the night, to
watch it dance between the clouds.

It was a nice birthday for me, had lots of well wishes from my closest
friends.

I am planning on baking myself a cake.  Nope, I don't buy them and generally
no one else makes them as good as me, so I just do it for myself.  Baking is
something I took up at a young teen to pay homage to a recently deceased
Grandma.  And no, I refuse to say exactly how many years I have been baking.

On another note, I am also trying to get some info on Mid-Mo veterinarians.
I am worried that Miss Pookie and possibly Miss Stella might be adrenal.
I do like the vet I currently go to, but she is not that experienced with
surgery on ferrets.  I only know one person to ask and they refuse to
respond, so I will ask everyone else here.  Just trying to gather some
info, to make sure I do the absolute best thing for the girls.

Miss Mazel Tov (code name Natasha) has already gone from biting because of
lack of handling to mouthing hard when she *doesn't* want to be picked up.
We have had some long discussions about this.  But she is also always asking
me to pick her up.  She is fitting in pretty well, and is going to be very
good about biting (or not) very quickly.  I may start looking for a home for
her then, depending on whether I can part with her.

This is the main reason I have never done shelter work.  I have the means
to take care of all that I do, and I fall in love with them too fast.  So
for me, going out of my way for strays (instead of them just finding me)j
is asking for far too much trouble.  I used to tease my ex that we could
never move to the country, I would have too much room for too many animals.
Never mind I am trying to figure out a way to do that now. ;-)

And also there seems to be some folks who still assume I have a heart of
gold.  I guess they haven't talked to the right folks yet.  Well, it is up
to me to change their minds, have to work on all my covert manipulation to
change public opinion.  Maybe I should take some lessons from the FLO.

Miss Margaret, with tongue planted in cheek