From:
"Birdie, Misty, Ms, DCAA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 12:09:12 -0500
Dr. Williams,

My name is Misty Birdie and I am owned by 6 fuzzies.  I have one in
particular who is experiencing partial paralysis.  His name is George
and he is 3 years old.  Last month (May 18, 2002) was taking him to the
vet to get his yearly exam and shots.  He was lethargic and weak.  We
were headed on vacation and I ended up leaving him behind to be tested
through my vets.  They did everything ... even surgery and found
everything to be tip top.  No problems noted.  For the past month he has
neither decreased or increased in his condition.

He has an appetite of a horse, and what to be mobile.  But he will attempt
to walk around and topple over to one side and then spazm or twitch as I
call it.  Could this be a reprecussion of a stroke?  How can we know if a
ferret has had a stroke?

Is there treatment?

I appreciate your time and effort that you put forth for both ferrets and
their "slaves".  Please answer whenever you can and have time.

Thank You in advance!

Misty D. Birdie
Defense Contract Audit Agency
Boeing Resident Office
(253) 773-3639

[Moderator's note: Dr, Williams is not likely to read that here.  On the
health list, on the other hand....   BIG]