From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 01:01:55 EDT
I know some people are getting tired of the Marshall Farms discussion and
soon it will be time to wind it down.  I'm really pretty pleased with how
it went this time though: I think the discussions were quite productive
and LOTS of good suggestions and information (such as getting documents
under the Freedom of Information Act) has been presented with relatively
little flaming.  Plus I don't feel at all that the discussion has been
one-sided -- there is information both for and against Marshall Farms.
Maybe nothing will be decided overall as a group, but I think many people
have a lot more information now so they can form their own opinions.  And
more and more I feel people understanding the issues better.  Education is
the key to understanding.  (Why else do you think I do this every day!?!?)
  ***

Ferrets 2000:  What can I say?  It was awesome.  Extremely well done!

Randy and Paige and Amy and... the work behind the scenes is obvious.  It
was one of the best organized events I've attended -- and I've attended
quite a few.

The Novotel also proved to be an excellent choice for the hotel: good
service, good food and animal-friendly too!

Troy Lynn: You're just as magical in person as on the 'net.  Truely one
of my heros...

But just about everyone there is one of my heros.  A nicer bunch of people
would be hard to find.  (Well, except for the FML 10th Anniversary party a
couple of years ago ;-))
   ***

The FML is quite busy lately, I suppose because of the Marshall Farms
debate and the Ferrets 2000 followup.  And beats me why Dr. Williams
decided to post lately, but that's fine with me :-)  I guess he realized
what a great bunch of people we are! ;-)

Bill