Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 01:09:42 -0400
Hi.,guys.,can anyone tell me if they ever had problems with their
ferrets,teeth or gums.,what happened,that made them aware.,or what
symptoms the ferret showed,ect.? I'm litterally about to pull all my
hair out trying to figure out if its his teeth as well as an ulcer.
I know his teeth had plack and needed to be cleaned,several months
ago,but he was having other problems that the vet at the time I was
seeing wanted to address first,assuring me his teeth could wait,that
they weren't bad.,he even sold me this stuff called maxiguard,and told
me some people use this instead. The 2 different vets I saw later for
other issues also told me his teeth where not bad, and wanted to
address the other issues at hand., they all just seemed to glance at
the sides of his teeth and gums.? Can they tell that way or shouldn't
they have opened his mouth and examined all his teeth? Do ferrets get
cavities? I've had 4 previouse ferrets prior to scooter so I should
know all this but I never encounted tooth,or stomach isues,it was
always other things like adrenal disease ect.

Again any info. Is really appreciated.,

thanks.,Deb.
--aliano