From:
"Kirk F. Stantis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 12:44:33 -0600
Just a quick comment about ferret food.  I know of two vets in Madison, WI.
who specialize in ferrets.  Both recommend Totally Ferret.  My vet thinks
that MF food is too greasy.  One thing for sure, I think it smells awful and
found it difficult to keep in my house without stinking like ripe garbage.
I have two MF ferrets-Ferret Bueller age 4, and Houdini age 1.  They are on
a diet of half Totally Ferret and half Biljac Kitten Food-but any premium
kitten food should be O.K.  It helps cut the cost of feeding exclusively
Totally Ferret.  Ferret Bueller and Houdini have beautiful coats and are
very energetic.  I bought a 20lb.  bag of Totally ferret for almost $40 and
it can be stored in a canister in a cool location (or in a freezer if
available.) Mix it with another premium kitten food and store that in a
canister that you will be replenishing their feed from.  Depending on the
size and appetites of your ferrets, the Totally Ferret can last a long time
and be more cost effective when mixed.