Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 11:29:17 EDT
Dun-da, dun-da, dun-da.

Mark held Tinkerbell with such skill and bravery, even after Norm donated
blood earlier in the day to-----

Dun-da, dun-da, dun-da..Tinkerbell!  The 6 month old ferret just spayed
from the fur farm.

Then Lynn held her.  I was terrified for her.  Somehow she lived to tell
the tale!

Lynn put Tinkerbell back in the play pen,and that little spitfire had a
wild time in her play pen with admirers of her spirit and beauty gathered
around.  Look at her face!  we murmured.  Look at her teeth!  we
proclaimed.  Look at her muscular body and how she does this, and runs
there, and leaps there!  Getting better every day, isn't she?  Only bit 1
out of 3 people today.  Um-hm.  Yes.  GCFA is the place for this wild
beauty to find love and gentle hands......

Just not mine.

I was holding Princess, another ferret just given up that night-who could
not walk well.  I looked across me-and AGHHHHHH--the litter box door to
Tinkerbells cage was OPEN.

Dun-da, dun-da,dunda,dunda, dadadado.  High violin chords: shreik,
shreik, shreik.

I heard it..shark music, I swear it.  I saw the fin coming towards me as
I ran and latched the door.  Almost drowned rescuing the beach of unaware
humans who would have leapt on chairs, and been downright hysterically
funny if she actually had gotten out.

Boy, this shelter stuff is fun AND thrilling!!!!!!!!

Lisette