From:
Effie Marie Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1993 11:27:30 -0500
Hello Everyone

I have some bad news.  Loki is sick again.  His abdomen is really bloated
and he has lost weight.  His feces are black and sticky and smell really
bad, they usually don't have much smell at all.  Anyway, he has lost his
appetite somewhat too.  I took him to the vet yesterday and they did the
x-ray thing and said he appeared to be filled with fulid.  They said that
it could be some form of peritonitis, but I know in my heart that it is
the cancer again.  I am so distraught over this.  I can't bear the
thought of him suffering and I also can't bear the thought of having him
put to sleep.  I just don't know what to do.  He doesn't appear to be
having any pain.  All he does is sleep.  He is hardly ever awake.  He
doesn't have a fever or strain when he is trying to relieve himself.

Dr. Williams, have you ever heard of anything like this?  My vet of
course has no idea really.  They are doing an ultrasound on him today and
maybe some blood work and a sample of the fluid that is in the abdomen.
I will find out about some of this in a few hours.

Why do we have to love our furries so much????  I feel like I am losing a
child.

Thank you all for listening

Marie, Oshi, Loki-mon, and Taz-man