From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 00:48:01 -0400
Good News:
Bizzy returned home today from her adrenal surgery and seems just like her
former self except for the stitches.  Ferrets are tough little things,
aren't they?  She's more than ready to get on with life.  Our new vet, Dr.
Anna Ebling, who was recommended by Sandee Mozzone the shelter owner, is a
great find even if she is an hour away.  She knows fuzzies.  She owns
fuzzies.  She took Bizzy home with her over two nights and her day off to
make sure she was doing well because she had had a little breathing
difficulty at the end of the surgery.

Bad News:
I have narrowed down the producer of skinny poops to Eloise.  She began
rubbing her face more often not long before someone was discussing it here.
And, although she is a very skinny girl in the summer (very whippety
body-type) I have not felt good about her skinniness this year.  Her coat is
still good and she runs around a lot, but she has turned up her nose at
raisins too much lately.  It has also seemed to me that there is much less
food being eaten from the dish she shares with Sabine.  She may be tiring
more easily too.  When I have been able to observe her pooping, she has
produced normal ones, but now I am sure she is the one who sometimes has
dark, skinny, dry poops and sometimes has very messy ones.  Someone vomited
in their cage, but I didn't discover it until after I had picked up Bizzy at
the vet.  Tonight I saw her roll and rub her head from her neck to her nose
a couple times.  After I gave her Petromalt, she lay around under her
blanket and tried to vomit.

From what I have read here and in the FAQ, I am guessing Eloise has a
partial obstruction.  It is Friday night and my plan is to give her
Petromalt tomorrow and Sunday and take her to the vet on Monday.  If this
is a bad idea -- if I should take her in right away -- please someone
e-mail me as soon as you read this.

New Jersey Exotic and House Pet Show:
Are any of you going to the show in two weeks?  Saturday or Sunday?  Would
you like to meet?  I'm kind of excited to see the falconry demonstration,
but that will be given both days so I would be open to either one, although
Saturday would probably be best.

Judith White
Eloise & Sabine
Bizzy & Bumble Baby