From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:18:57 EDT
Hi folks!

Paw Paw's crashed out in the bed because him and Mee Maw done cooked a
truckload of fish, chips and pigs at her church's Ye Olde English Festival
this weekend.  It got him all tuckered out but he don't feel so bad about
doing it.  The Festival made enough money to keep the church's halfway house
and homeless shelter open for another year.  So, while we have this here
pooter to ourselves...

We sure do get upset when folks keep trashing Marshall Farms.  It seems that
some folks expect them to operate without making any provisions for making
money and making a living for their ownselves.  It would be nice if folks
could share the things that others needs with each other without having to
think about money.  The world just don't work that way though.  It's time
that some folks woked up and smelled the ferret poop!

Sure, MF raises some ferts for lab use.  The next time you take your ferret
buddy to the vet and the doctor knows just what to do to make him well, you
might just ask yourself how the vet learned all that stuff.  By the same
token, the next time you go to a people vet and he fixes you right up with
some new medicine or treatment, you might just say a silent thanks to the
critters who participated in the research that got you well.  If you don't
want animals used in medical research, we'd like to know what you'd propose
as an alternative.  Perhaps we should take all the unwanted babies that you
run-wild humans keep producing, put them in cages and use them for testing
instead of critters?  NOT!  We just wanted to point out where bleeding heart
logic can lead to.  Don't laugh - this kinda stuff has already been done!
It makes us sad.

We just can't believe all the mean and stupid stuff you humans do to each
other in the name of good and noble causes.  Then you turn right around and
get all upset because somebody is being bad to a 'dumb' animal.  It just
don't make no sense at all to us.  No sense at all.  Speaking strictly as
'dumb critters', we think that you ought to get your own house in order, get
in touch with the Source of all life, and realize that we are all a part of
something bigger than we can imagine.  It's unfortunate that us criiters are
a lot more aware of this fact than most humans are.

So, we are both proud to wear the Marshall Farms tattoos in our ears.  If it
wasn't for MF we never would have had the chance to know our Mee Maw and our
Paw Paw - not to mention all the other good friends we know and love.  Yep,
were MFMF's (Marshall Farms Male Ferrets) and mighty proud of it!

We'll hush now and quit preaching.  We guess the fact that we got to be the
Ferrets of the Realm at the Olde English Festival and got to be on TV mighta
went to our heads a little bit.  Besides, the folks that really needed to
read this probably quit reading right after we got started good.  Oh well.
At least we tried...

Many much loves and dooks,

Tater "Do you think they'll really try to repeal the Laws of Nature?"
Odie "Let 'em try. When they get to the Law of Gravity they might figure out
that they ain't so smart after all."

[Moderator's note: I gotta be careful not to encourage an "is animal testing
moral?" debate.  That's off-topic here.  Paw paw's post came ever-so-close
to not getting posted.  BIG]