From:
Allison Busdieker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 06:23:45 -0700
Hi All:

Thank you for the responses and condolensces (sp?) I have received from my
post.  I am still looking forward to seeing my first BEW when I go to see
Mike's new litter, but unfortunately I've come down with a cold (doesn't it
always seem to work out that you get sick when you have off from work?) and
had to post-pone by visit.  I've also gotten in touch with a few other
shelters and breeders so hopefully I will find two fuzzies to bring into the
house in the next couple of months.

I am currently in the process of finding a ferret knowledgeable vet in the
area before I bring the new ferrets home.  I found a couple of names on the
ferret database, but before I go to check them out, I was wondering if
anyone could give me some suggestions on what questions I should be asking
them?

Also, I travel occasionally for business and I almost always take my pup
Frankie with me, but in the past Hobbes always stayed at home with a sitter
because she never was big on riding in the car.  I am hoping with the two
new babies, if I get them used to riding in the car from the get-go they'll
be able to travel with me.  Any suggestions on what kind of carrier I should
get for them in the car, and some kind of portable cage I could keep them in
in a hotel room.  I saw the instructions on how to make your own, but I have
very limited resources and even fewer mechanical skills, so a store bought
solution would be ideal.

Finally, this is so morbid and it is breaking my heart more and more
everyday, but does anyone in PA know if there is a law against burying an
animal on public property (such as in a park)?  I live in an apartment
building and I have no where that I can bury my sweet Hobbes.  I have one
friend in the area that has a backyard, but she is out of town for the next
few weeks and I can't get ahold of her.  I live right next to a wooded park,
but I don't want to break any laws.  I have tried to call the park
commission, but the phone is always busy or they're not in the office.  Any
help would be most appreciated.

I am so happy that I found this list.  There is a similar list for golden
retrievers that has provided invaluable assistance with the raising of
Frankie, and I can see this list is going to help just as much, if not more!

Private e-mail is fine for answers to these questions.

Thanks,
Allison & Frankie (mom, Hobbes is playing Hide-n-Seek but I can't find her)

/       Allison K. Busdieke         \
/      Waste Management, Inc.       \
/   E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]    \
/      "Love Me, Love My Dog"       \